Thursday, March 15, 2007

The Riddle

This song just hits me again n again... One of the most meaningful songs i have ever heard...
It says.. This life... This world.. is a riddle.. and we seek the answer to this riddle at somepoint or the other in our lives..

It very beautifully represents different kinds of 'Relationships'... Love.. Family... Friendship..
It depicts how relationships give meaning to life..

In this world.. our existance is almost negligible.. 'we re big... but we are smaller than small... in the scheme of things we are nothing at all'

So we turn into making our own world.. our own small world.. filled with Love, Happiness, Peace and togetherness... a world where our existance matters...

The Reason for the world.. is who you are..

The Reason for the world.. is you and your relationships... Beautiful ain't it... ??


The Song -->
Five For Fighting ...

The Lyrics....

There was a man back in '95
Whose heart ran out of summers
But before he died, I asked him
Wait, what's the sense in life
Come over me, Come over me

He said,

"Son why you got to sing that tune
Catch a Dylan song or some eclipse of the moon
Let an angel swing and make you swoon
Then you will see... You will see."

Then he said,

"Here's a riddle for yah
Find the Answer
There's a reason for the world
You and I..."

Picked up my kid from school today
Did you learn anything cause in the world today
You can't live in a castle far away
Now talk to me, come talk to me

He said,

"Dad I'm big but we're smaller than small
In the scheme of things, well we're nothing at all
Still every mother's child sings a lonely song
So play with me, come play with me"

And Hey Dad
Here's a riddle for yah
Find the Answer
There's a reason for the world
You and I...

I said,

"Son for all I've told yah
When you get right down to the
Reason for the world...
Who am I?"

There are secrets that we still have left to find
There have been mysteries from the beginning of time
There are answers we're not wise enough to see

He said... You looking for a clue I Love You free...

The batter swings and the summer flies
As I look into my angel's eyes
A song plays on while the moon is high over me
Something comes over me

I guess we're big and I guess we're small
If you think about it man you know we got it all
Cause we're all we got on this bouncing ball
And I love you free
I love you freely

Here's a riddle for yah
Find the Answer
There's a reason for the world
You and I...



PS : Your interpretations are invited too... :D

9 comments:

Ruchi said...

Yaaaa...rightly said..
I am what i am because of who we all are.
Isn't it?!:)

Ankur Jain said...

yes... very true !! :)

ani said...

The answer to this song is 'Gin soaked boy' - divine comedy!

u need to find urself first.. only then can another find u.. its onto u how many masks that u have put on in this game called life ur willing to reveal all the you's that happen to walk by ur life! Only once ur ok with who u are.. watever u maybe... can u ever love freely...

we are our own discovery every lil moment... what remains to be seen is who becomes our discoverer alongwith us.....

:) amazing song!

Unknown said...

good song never heard of it great lyrics touched me 2

Yogi said...

hmmm
riddle. cool work man u just solved one

Ankur Jain said...

:)

ani said...

now you really can;t say there's nothing to write coz firnagi i have tagged you! visit the post 'quirky li'l me' and you'll know what to do!! :D bachke kahan jaoge beta??!!! :D (evil grin)

Shruti said...

Hi Ankur, just saw ur comment somewhere and i landed into ur blog..
lovely song..
There's a reason for the world You and I....

Take care

Nishant said...

mamu bahut tame hui gawa .. kuch tazaa likho ... settle ho gaye to blog bandwa !!